The Ultimate Summer Weekend Getaway Packing Guide
Summer can feel like a vacation in itself...warm weather, late sunsets, and long pool days, but adulting all week often gets in the way of enjoying the fun that comes with the season. We could all use an escape from the daily grind everyone once in a while. The solution? A weekend getaway. It can be easy to get carried away while packing, but this guide is guaranteed to make the process simple and easy, wherever you may be going!
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
If you're lucky enough to live near the beach, you know it's the perfect spot for an easy, yet relaxing trip. There's nothing quite better than listening to good music and sipping on a cold Corona with sand in your toes, salt water in your hair, and sun on your skin.
What to pack:
- Trendy Swimsuit - From florals and fruits to stripes and polka dots, summer's swimsuit trends are full of fun, colorful prints. This tangerine hued suit from Revolve with its flattering high-rise waistline and charming ruffle trim is a nod to classic pin-up style. A one-piece works double-duty... wear it poolside, or as a bodysuit under cut-off shorts or a maxi skirt.
- Throw-On Dress - This neutral striped pattern invokes a spirit of laid-back femininity and the high quality, lightweight fabric is the perfect complement to warm weather. Wear over your suit as an adorable cover-up throughout the day, or on it's own for a casual dinner.
- Timeless Sunglasses - Think Jackie O's iconic shades or Anna Wintour's Chanel's that she wouldn't be caught dead without... every girl needs a classic shaped, neutral colored pair of sunglasses that will never go out of style. The impeccable quality and safety (100% UV protection) of this pair by Gucci makes them definitely worth the investment.
- Slip-On Sandals - Espadrille sandals are a staple for summer. My favorite choice is this Free People leather bound pair. Not only in style with the pop of yellow, but also durable, comfortable, and easy to slip on and off in the sand.
If you're looking for constant action, a trip to the city is the place for you. From incredible entertainment and must-see attractions, to exquisite restaurants, rooftop bars, and chic nightclubs there is always something to do and people to enjoy it with.
What to pack:
- Flirty Dress- Ruffles are playful, yet sexy and definitely on trend. During a night out on the town, show off your rockin' bod as you twirl around in this pale pink dress by Rachel Zoe. It's sweet and feminine, but fun and flirty! You never know who you may meet on the dance floor!
- Statement Earrings- Big and bold statement earrings are the best accessory for a chic outfit. This 80s-esque pair mixes both glamour and edge with the unique shape and rose gold finish. Throw them on with a band tee and jeans, or dress them up with a cocktail dress, a touch of sparkle is always necessary.
- Sleek Leather Jacket- Say 'bye bye' to black and 'welcome' to white! I love this leather jacket because the crisp color is so unexpected. The structured design and intricate detailing is sleek, modern, and fashion-forward making it wearable with infinite outfits. Style with ripped jeans and a blouse or over a casual dress with heels.
- Platform Heels- A thick platform heel is not only stylish, but also practical if you're wanting to still look fab while walking around a city all day and night. This pair is TO DIE FOR with their modern 70s vibe and versatile metallic color. Beauty doesn't always have to be pain!
Wide Open Spaces
If you're up for an adventure, being outdoors is probably your ideal quick trip. Camping allows you to fully recharge and refresh as you reconnect with nature. Get ready for a weekend full of exploring, shared stories, and s'mores by the fire under a sky full of stars.
What to pack:
- Button Down Flannel- You never know what the weather will bring, so it's important to come prepared and to be able to layer. Look no further than this adorable plaid, all-cotton flannel from Land's End. Roll up the sleeves and throw over a t-shirt or button it up under a vest when you need to keep warm.
- Sporty Leggings- Fashion's latest craze in athletic apparel? Outdoor Voices, a start-up company that in only three years has become a major competitor of Lululemon. Their "techsweat" leggings are made from a unique, innovative fiber that prevents sweat and over stretching making them perfect for outdoor activities.
- Spacious Backpack- A girl's always got to have her snacks and water to stay hydrated! This sleek light gray, waterproof backpack by LL Bean has multiple compartments for all of your belonging, is padded for extra comfort, and even features built-in LED lighting to help you be seen at all times for safety purposes.
- Comfortable Shoes- With all of the exploring you're likely to be doing, comfort is key! A pair of Timberlands are the perfect shoe. The waterproof Nubuck lace-up has a cushioned footbed and padded collar, and is built to be sturdy and durable. You'll be sure to get many years of use in any season in them.
No one wants to put in the time to pack for a weekend getaway after a long work week! Hopefully this list makes it easy and efficient, so you can soak up every second of your escape. Start planning your next trip, and get ready to kick back, relax, and enjoy!